STUFFED SPUDS (SERVES 2)
This is a satisfying vegetarian (if you eat dairy) meal. Hearty enough for a chilly fall day.
- 1 Tbsp. Olive oil
- 1 C Carrot - diced (about 3 carrots)
- 1 C White onion - chopped
- 2 C Button mushrooms - sliced
- 1-1/2 C Frozen peas
- 1 Tbsp. Salt-free seasoning blend
- 6 Potatoes - about 3" in length, clean, remove eyes, and poke several small holes
- 14.5 oz. Can cream of mushroom soup - I only used about ¾ of a can. You will need to make that determination based on how soupy you want the consistency.
- Sharp cheddar cheese
Heat olive oil in fry pan on medium heat. Once the oil is hot, about 4 minutes, add carrots and stir occasionally for 5 minutes. Add onion, mushrooms, peas, and seasoning blend and continue to cook for about 10 minutes, until the onions are translucent. While the veggies are cooking begin to cook the potatoes. Place on a plate and microwave on high for 5 minutes. Turn them and cook for about 7 more minutes. Continue to cook if they are not fork tender. Once the onions are translucent, and veggies are tender, add the soup and continue to cook until heated through. Then, split each potato down the middle, and place the halves in the bottom of individual bowls. Top with veggie mixture and garnish with sharp cheddar cheese.
We used 3 Yukon, and 3 Red Skin potatoes just to be crazy. For a salt-free seasoning blend I am in love with Trader Joe's® 21 Season Salute. There is just enough kick to it, if you're into a little spicy. If the soup is too thick for your liking, thin it with a little milk.
Reader Comments (0)
You must login to post comments.