Pony up Urban Cowboys (Beans & Brown Rice)
BEANS & BROWN RICE (SERVES 2 GENEROUSLY)
Ok all you urban cowboys that think that you don't have time to cook a great dinner during the week. I beg to differ. This meal is easy, quick, full of protein and delicious. This could easily be another meal to cook for your lady to get some "you're so handy in the kitchen" points. Let's face it...you need all the points you can get!
- 1 teaspoon exra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup white onion - chopped
- 1 tomato - diced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 4 ounces chorizo - diced, I used chicken chorizo and it was awesome
- 1-15 ounce can no salt added Black Beans - mostly drained
- 1-15 ounce can no salt added Pinto Beans - mostly drained
- dash of hot sauce - to taste
- brown rice - cook according to pkg. directions
Add oil to a large sauce pan and turn to medium heat. Toss in onion and stir occasionally for about 5 minutes. Add tomato and garlic and cook for 5 more minutes. Add cumin, chorizo, hot sauce and beans. I recommend smashing some of the black beans with the back of your fork to give them a nice, been cooking all day, kind of feel. Cook for about 10 minutes to make sure everything is heated through. Serve over brown rice and garnish with cheese, green onion, more hot sauce if you want, and/or plain yogurt.
Reader Comments (2)
I'm LOVIN' this recipe! Healthy, Fast, and DELICIOUS! Just found your blog-- great philosophy-Just Eat Food! That's how I feel, too.
Looks super good!
You must login to post comments.