Yes Virginia Vegans need a Thanksgiving Feast too
Let me start by saying that I am not vegan. However, I do have friends that are and I was challenged to develop some vegan recipes. Instead of devloping them I decided to create a meal borrowing from others to create what I would like to have if I were vegan. Now, I haven't tried a single one of these recipes but they all sounded divine and who cares if they are vegan...they just sound and look awesome!
Happy Thanksgiving however you choose to celebrate!
For starters: Main course:
- Gourmet Magazine's Mushroom and Farro Pie . There are a few modifications needed to complete the vegan transformation. Sub olive oil for butter, soy ricotta for whole-milk ricotta. Instead of brushing the crust with egg, just use water to seal. Then brush olive oil on the top instead. of egg wash.
- Artichoke-Potato Gratin from Vegalicious.org
- World's Best Green Bean Casserole from A Veggie Venture
- A Different Kind of Salad from Dana Treat
- Cranberry Walnut Bread from Elana's Pantry. Yes, there are eggs in this recipe. I couldn't help it. It looked too good. OK, this one isn't vegan.
- Gingered Cranberry and Kumquat Relish from Bon Appetit
- Pecan Pumpkin Crumble from Kitchen Klique. For this one you will need to substitute the evaporated milk.
- Pumpkin Divine from Cocktail Times
Reader Comments (1)
Fabulous. I have never cooked with Farro before...looking forward to it.
You must login to post comments.