Heirloom Tomato Salad
I fell in love with Heirloom Tomatoes from my CSA in Del Mar, CA. Their ‘meaty’ flavor was incredible and at times, reminiscent of bacon (I’m not kidding). If a tomato could bring world peace it would definitely be the Heirloom. Their flavor is so incredible that nothing much needs to be done to bring out the flavor.
So, here is a delicate little salad that can be dressed up or down to accommodate few or many. The amounts of ingredients are vague but the flavor is incredible. Simple is truly better.
Looking for more salad ideas? You might enjoy:
HEIRLOOM TOMATO SALAD (SERVES 2 OR AN ARMY DEPENDING ON HOW MUCH YOU MAKE OF COURSE!)
- Heirloom tomatoes – a variety of colors is best, cut into bite size pieces
- onion – white, red, or green would be fabulous, chop finely
- extra-virgin olive oil – drizzle over all tomatoes
- white balsamic – use about ½ as much as you did EVOO
- fresh oregano, and basil – chop finely
- salt & pepper to taste
Mix all ingredients and chill for at least 30 minutes before serving. If you wish serve over micro greens and sprinkle sparingly with blue cheese.
Reader Comments (0)
You must login to post comments.